Termites are very much destructive in nature as they cause great damages to your properties especially buildings and other assets. This is the reason you must put special efforts in knowing How to get rid of termites by determining the infestation sources. But it is not so easier to remove them permanent and thus you need to take some protective and preventive measures that are pretty effective in this regard.
How to get rid of termites by determining the infestation sources
These insects are normally termed as silent destroyers and thus damages do not occur overnight rather your assets get damaged from within over a certain period of time. If you fail to take proper preventive measures from the very beginning, then you need to face a huge loss. Costly property damages cannot be barred all the time and so it is far better to keep the termites in control for avoiding these kinds of damages. Know the termite types for determining how to get rid of termites in a proper way without facing any unwanted trouble.
Eliminating moisture troubles
• Water from foundation needs to be diverted.
• Downspouts and gutters need to be thoroughly cleaned.
• Repair water pipes, A/C units and leaking faucets so that continuous water fall can be prevented.
• Excessive wood mulches and plant covers are to be removed completely as termites often feed on them.
• If there is standing water on your roof, then it must be removed as soon as possible in order to eliminate the possibility of the growth of termites.
• All vents must be kept open and clear and this is necessary for avoiding standing of waste waters.
• The entry points of different water or utility lines including pipes must be thoroughly sealed sop that the entry of termites is prevented toughly.
Removing food sources of termites
• Both debris and stumps need to be completely cleared from within and around your home so that growth of termites can be prevented.
• Outside vents need to be covered with screens so that termite infestation can be stopped on a temporary basis.
• Papers, lumbers or firewood need to be kept away from crawl space or foundation.
• Wooden fences and decks need to be checked so that unwanted damages can be easily prevented due to termites.
• The contact between the woods of your home and soil must be avoided as that will prevent the attacks of termites.
Termite identification and warning signs
Termites need to be identified first in case you want to know How to get rid of termites by determining the infestation sources. This is the reason few warning signs are identified so that the termites can be easily and some of these signs are as follows:-
• Termite droppings can be noticed easily bubbling or cracked paint.
• Hollow sound creating woods can be rectified when being tapped.
• Winged insects forming temporary swarms within soil of house surrounding or within house.
• Swarmers’ discarded wings can also be identified in this regard.
• Sometimes, you might find mud tubes forming over wooden beams, crawl spaces or exterior walls.