Here is some cool ant facts :
1. Nearly all ants that we see are sterile wingless females.
2. Males and Queens are easy to see. Males are the same dimensions as worker ants (or smaller). The queen is larger than all the other ants in the nest.
3. Due to the fact that they act like they’ve been a single living creature, Ant colonies are occasionally called superb organisms. In precisely the same manner that cells group together to make a human anatomy, ants team together to create a colony.
4. The sole areas which don’t have ants are a few distant islands and Antarctica.
5. Termites that frequently called white ants, are not actually ants whatsoever and are more closely related to cockroaches.
6. There are more than 12,000 identified species of ants. However,some scientists estimate that there may be another 10 000 living in distant tropical places which have not been identified.
7. One of the coolest facts about ants is that they do not have lungs. Other gases as well as oxygen pass through tiny valves within their exoskeleton called spiracles.
8. Ants have two compound eyes that are made up of thousands of lenses. Additionally they have three smaller single-lens eyes on very top of their head.
9. Antennae (feelers) connected to the head are used to find substances, air currents and vibrations. Not only that, they are accustomed to transmit and receive signals through contact.
10. In certain species there is a pocket inside their mouth that are used to store food. The food can also be passed to other ants.
What do ants eat ?
This issue is on the heads of many people who have faced an ant infestation.
Adult ants can just digest meals that are fluid. They prefer plant nectars and honeydew from plant-sucking bugs. Ants are also fulfilled with organic oil and protein food sources that can come from insects that are dead or seeds.
They also eat Sweets! along with the polypeptide from different insects that really helps to develop the ant’s own body. Some ants, the Dalmatie, actually cooks its food by baking them in the sun and chewing it .
The Harvester, another type of ant, stores and accumulates seeds.
The leaf cutter ant grows fungus for food.
Then there are the ants that feeds on other little insects (aphids) and then “milk” the aphids by utilizing their antennas to make them secrete honey dew.
So in general any kind of carbohydrate is satisfying, although Sweets are their favorite thing.
It is intriguing that the belly of the worker ant comprises two bellies. One tummy holds the meals for the worker ant while the 2nd stomach is for sharing food with other ants,the non-worker ants eat the vomit of the worker ants!
Termites or ants
We’re often puzzled and perplexed while detecting winged insects found around our houses and we believe maybe not or whether it is a termite. One typical thing is that both ants and termites could live in a swarm. but If we look closer there is obviously difference between an ant and a termite.
Here are some few tips to help you Distinguish between them:
-Wings are paddle formed and normally the size of their body
-The antennae are rather short and very direct
-The body consists of only two major parts: head and belly.
– Wings are pointed and just a little longer than their body length.
-Their body consist of three notable components i.e. head, thorax and abdomen
Some People thinks that swarming termites are regarded as ants because they simply look like ants. but that’s a mistake
Do ants poop ?
The Simple answer is no. Ants do not poop.
Ants are miniature A.I. elements with only one mission which is to gather sugar for the Queen to break it down into fructose to use it as fuel for further ants creation.
Do ants sleep ?
Ants unquestionably rest – in any colony that is certain. there’ll often some ants that are standing still, not doing anything. Ants can also hibernate in cold temperatures through the winter.
Nevertheless they don’t possess a complicated enough nervous system showing the different brain-wave patterns seen in people during sleep nor do they dream.